So, inspired by Rachel’s 26 before 26 (and 25 before 25) at Crook and Villain, I have decided to create a more low-tech version (hers is on a nice floral background but I am at work and lazy) of my own, 23 before 23, though my birthday was now 2 months ago (exactly o_O) and I haven’t done anything since then of note… sort of.
Without further ado, the list:
- Get into the grad school of my choice and embark upon an interesting thesis topic
- Get into Suomea Suomessa and spend the summer in Finland, speaking only Finnish. (2b. Visit Kimmo and Kari in Vaasa)
- Complete fluency in Russian.
- Get my G2 license
- Keep my space tidy.
- Keep track of my money in a logical manner.
- Learn at least one new practical, outdoors-type skill. (7 alternate, become more competent at canoeing).
- Finish a painting every month (8b. and post it here)
- Eat no packaged foods (apart from yogourt and other difficult-to-make-at-home products).
- Train every week at least once in any martial art.
- Update my blog every day with something.
- Update my Finnish blog every day with something.
- Start and update a Russian blog every day with something.
- Make beer, at least once before I leave Toronto.
- Stop buying books until I finish what I already have. (15b. Use the library more often)
- Look good every damned day. (16 alternative: Post outfit photos every day)
- Use my lunchbox every day that I go out. (17b. Post photos of my amazing lunchbox lunches)
- Make sushi from scratch.
- Make more clothes and accessories. Be more crafty.
- Clear out things from my life that I don’t need or that are holding me back.
- Take more photographs and start a portfolio page for them. (21b. A personal website)
- If number 1 happens, spend more time studying and hitting the books so I don’t have to pull any all-nighters. (22b. Go to bed at a reasonable time)
- Do something out of my comfort zone, like skydiving or camping or painting with oils.
So that’s it. My 23 goals before I am 23. I hope I can manage all of them. Tomorrow I’ll make a visual list. 🙂